Parents have always played a crucial influencing role in the university decisions of future students, especially in relation to their accommodation choices, and with the impact of Covid-19 we’ve seen this influencer role become even more prominent. This collaborative insight project will provide accommodation and residential life teams with intelligence about the expectations and needs of parents of prospective students. It will help you develop your accommodation offer, wrap-around services and marketing approach to help make parents feel you are the right choice for their child during, and beyond, the pandemic.
Why join this project?
- Inform your accommodation strategy and enhance the effectiveness of your marketing, communications and engagement with prospective students’ parents.
- Prioritise investment in wrap-around and ‘residence-life’ services by understanding what parents care about the most
- Shape how your accommodation is marketed to parents in order to maximise your occupancy and revenue
- Adopt practical ideas and recommendations to ensure that the type and character of your accommodation will be attractive to parents
What will the project explore?
The survey and online community guide will be shaped in conjunction with the universities and accommodation providers who choose to participate in this research project, based around the following crucial questions:
How does is work and what are the costs?
The strategic national collaborative insight costs £2,950 + VAT to participate in and includes:
- A quantitative survey of 600 parents of prospective UK undergraduate students, primarily 16-18 year olds intending to attend university in 2022/23
- A two-day online research community, recruiting 30 parents to share their thoughts experiences and views in more depth
- A smart, succinct, highly visual report with practical recommendation to help you engage with parents more effectively.
- Demographic and widening participation differences will be highlighted where appropriate
- We’ll bring together participating institutions in online events to shape the project and to discuss the findings and ideas for action
In addition to joining the national project, you can also choose to add on bespoke options to tailor the research engagement even further to your own institution.
The project will commence in July and complete by September 2021 so get in touch now to arrange to talk if you’re interested to hear more.