In 2017-18, Alterline’s first ‘Being Well, Doing Well’ project brought together 14 students’ unions to develop robust and insightful evidence about student mental health and wellbeing. The mixed-method study, became one of the largest of its kind with just under 13,000 students completing our survey. In 2019-20, we continued to build on the evidence gathered to date and worked with a further 6 student’s union/university teams. 6,165 of their students completed the survey between 14th November 2019 and 10th June 2020 – the majority taking place in advance of the March Covid-19 lockdown.
At this time of unprecedented pressure on students’ mental health and wellbeing we have been asked to offer the opportunity to gather this insight again so union and university teams can best understand the current pressures and priority support needs of their students this academic year. This insight will help institutions develop timely solutions, services and communications whilst demonstrating their commitment to listening to their students.
Why join Being Well, Doing Well?
Join us to:
- Develop an evidence base to underpin your strategic response to student wellbeing during the Covid 19 pandemic
- Understand how your local results compare to our pre and post Covid 19 student wellbeing insight
- Further improve the support services available to your students during these challenging times
- Develop new initiatives to proactively improve student wellbeing
- Use independent evidence to engage stakeholders in meaningful dialogue about student wellbeing
Collaborating partners will have the opportunity to scope the prevalence and range of mental health issues amongst the student population, as well as explore the impact of mental health issues on students’ lives, both personal and academic. The study will also help unions to understand what support students are currently receiving and what’s missing, and identify students’ expectations in relation to their wellbeing
How does Being Well, Doing Well work?
Alterline’s unique collaborative research model brings university and student union teams together to work on common challenges and build communities of innovative practice. We will:
- Provide you with the full strategic insight report produced in 2017-18 if you’re participating for the first time
- Manage your survey invitations for you, or set you up with everything you need to run the Being well, Doing well survey at your institution
- Produce a local report which visualises your results
- Benchmark your findings against the combined results from 2017-18 and 2019-20 (pre-Covid crisis)
- Benchmark your findings against the aggregate 2020-21 results
- Benchmark against your historic results if you have taken part before
- Provide demographic breakdowns of your findings
- Run a concluding collaborative partner workshop to discuss the results and share action ideas with you
How much does it cost?
Joining this collaboration means you will have access to the valuable insights and local evidence:
- Joining us for the first time? The cost is:
• University: £4,950 (+VAT)
• Students’ Union: £3,950 (+VAT)
- Repeating and updating the insight? The cost is:
• University: £ 3,350 (+VAT)
• Students’ Union: £2,350 (+VAT)