UK universities offer scholarships to the value of many millions of pounds to attract both home and international postgraduate students and yet do we really know their impact? What influence does the offer of a scholarship really make?
This new insight collaboration will investigate the role that scholarships play in the decision-making process of home and international applicants to postgraduate Master’s courses. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your scholarship strategy; planning and budgeting by better understanding the impact which scholarships have on postgraduate student decision making for a Master’s degree and the value at which they become compelling for recruitment
- Identify where the offer of scholarships ranks alongside other factors for applicants considering postgraduate study – in the UK and with key international audiences in China, India and USA.
- Engage postgraduate students through your scholarship offer at the most persuasive time in their decision-making process, using channels and messages which appeal them
- Gather robust, independent evidence on the impact of scholarships on postgraduate student decision making that will engage your internal stakeholders and support your future recommendations on scholarship funding
What will the research cover?
Being part of this collaboration means you can help shape the research questions. As a guide, at this stage we expect to explore:
How will it work?
For this collaboration, we will:
- Start the process with a workshop with all our collaborating partners to share views and shape the research
- Conduct a full literature review to support the project
- Design the questionnaire and circulate it for your comment and approval
- Conduct a survey of 400 prospective Master’s students from the UK, China, India and USA
- Facilitate an international on-line qualitative community with 60 prospective Master’s students
- Undertake detailed analysis of the quantitative and qualitative data
- Run a concluding collaborative workshop to discuss the results and share action plans.
In addition, you will receive:
- A full research report to be used by your team that contains the literature review, methodology, findings and our independent practical recommendations
- An Executive summary, to help you distribute the findings to key stakeholders across your university
- A short summary paper to be shared with colleagues across the sector, recognising your involvement as a project partner.
What is the timing?
The project will kick-off with a collaboration workshop with the participating partners in April and the full report will be delivered by September 2019.
What does it cost?
Joining this collaboration means you will have access to the valuable national and international insights and practical recommendations for £10,950 (excl. VAT). This is a fraction of the cost of commissioning individual research in these markets, giving you superb value for money.
Join or find out more
If you’d like to chat about joining the collaboration, or want to know more please contact Sharon Steele on 0161 503 5760 or email@example.com